Honda

Have Honda questions? Ask a Honda repair expert.

I just changed the starter because sometimes it would

Customer Question
I just changed the...

I just changed the starter because sometimes it would hesitate to start, but it's still having the same problem, it's a 2003 honda accord ex 3.0l

Mechanic's Assistant: When you turn the key, do you get a single loud click, or a series of rapid ones?

It doesn't do anything

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Accord yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes I've changed the starter and the battery in the key

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No that's all

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Honda
5/30/2018
Mechanic for Honda: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned you will receive a system automated call request, that is not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Also I am not paid hourly by just answers, I am only paid when you rate me, so if you could please respect my time and knowledge by rating me when we are finished that would be wonderful. If you could please indicate your level of experience and what you are looking to get out of your session today. Ok lets get started!

OK when your having the start issue we need to measure voltage at the starter signal wire and main power wire on starter

I need to do that even though I just changed the starter

yes its how we are going to troubleshoot the system

hows it going?