Honda

Have Honda questions? Ask a Honda repair expert.

Immobilizer light is on is there any way i can reset it? key…

Customer Question
Immobilizer light is on...

Immobilizer light is on is there any way i can reset it?

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?

Green key light

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Honda?

2006 honda civic

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Civic yourself? What have you tried so far?

Just about everything... it started the other day when it died going down the road.. i thought i was out of gas...i added gas, but it still wouldn't turn over

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I had it towed to my house to troubleshoot

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Honda
5/29/2018
Mechanic for Honda: rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor replied 2 months ago
rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor

Hello, my name is ***** ***** to Just Answer! I will be assisting you with your questions today. Give me one moment while I review this.

I attached a procedure for you to review and follow. Now if this doesn't work, it means there is a fault in the system and you will need to check the security system with a scan tool.

Please understand that I don't know your skill level or tools
you have to assist us. Also understand that I can't see, smell,
hear, or touch the vehicle either, so your patience is
appreciated. JA is a great Q/A site, but it does not replace a
repair shop. So please don’t shoot the messenger if I have to
deliver bad news:) Keep this link too, in case another question
pops up. I don’t get credit for helping you until
you rate me

Thanks, Ron

where would the left kick panel be?

Right by your left foot when you're sitting in the driver seat.

Thanks again, and please remember to rate me 5 stars now and keep our link here in case you need more help after my rating.

Did you have any more questions for me at this time?

Thanks again, Ron

Thanks again and please remember to rate me 5 stars now
and keep this link in case you need me again later on.
I don’t get credit for assisting you until you rate me
My goal is to assist you in the repair of your vehicle by
supplying you with well educated information. I may not
always have the exact fix you wanted to hear, but my job is
to get you on the right track, which I always do. I can’t hear,
see, smell or touch your vehicle from where I’m at, so your
understanding of that is greatly appreciated. There are no
magical answers, but I do my best to guide you in the right
direction.