Honda

Have Honda questions? Ask a Honda repair expert.

Wow! This is amazing. I am sitting in my 2014 Honda Odyssey…

Customer Question
Hi :) Wow...

Hi :) Wow! This is amazing

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Honda?

I am sitting in my 2014 Honda Odyssey trying to do the brown disc update for 2018 Navigation It is updating fine.. but got to where it is asking for a security code. It said in the manual that it most likely won't ask for it ...and just to push the audio button for 2 seconds and it will bypass it and if it didn't to put the code in. I have no idea what the code is. I am the original owner. I tried the last 5 of the vin. Its not that, I tried five 0's. didn't work I looked in the glove box for a sticker with numbers... no sticker anywhere in or on the sides of the glove box. I am stuck :(

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the exact code? And have you tried to reset it?

I don't have a security code- was never given one- it isn't in my manual. I only have the activation code for the navigation update. It is asking for a security code

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Odyssey yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes. I have tried entering the last 5 of the VIN 5 0's and a code I would have chosen if I chose a code (which I am sure I didn't)

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No that would be great. thank you

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Honda
5/27/2018
Mechanic for Honda: Clifton B., Auto Service Technician replied 2 months ago
Clifton B.
Clifton B., Auto Service Technician

hi my name is ***** ***** i will be helping you today

do you have the serial number from the radio

r u there ?

I am in the middle of the navigation update with the disc in and have been in the car for over an hour.

so you cannot get the serial number ?

This is not about the radio-

ok i will have to opt out and see if someone else can help i though you needed the radio code

There is no problem with the radio- I am doing a maps/navigation update for 2018 with a cd/dvd I bought.
It is asking for a security code.
Mechanic for Honda: acura mstr, Honda Master Tech replied 2 months ago
acura mstr
acura mstr, Honda Master Tech

Hi,Welcome. The code the radio needs is the code that came with the disc when you bought it. They should have sent you an e-mail or put it in the package with the disc. The disc is specific to each vehicle and they use the code to be sure the disc is only put into the correct vehicle.

I guess there isn't anyone else to help. Please have my card refunded.
I have already called where I bought the car , I am the original owner. They never gave me a card with the car or the discs. I bought the update discs for 2018 maps/navigation from honda online.
I have the activation code for the discs. That isn't what I am asking about. It is the navigation security code
I don't think you can help me. The other mechanic didn't know what to do and kept asking me for a radio code... please have them refund my money. Thank you