Honda

Have Honda questions? Ask a Honda repair expert.

I have a 99 Honday Odyssey. Leaking coolant slowly that is…

Customer Question
Hi I have a...

Hi I have a 99 Honday Odyssey. Leaking coolant slowly that is dripping down the compressor mounting block, running down the oil pan surface before dripping on to floor.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you ever replaced the gaskets? Maybe the hoses?

No just the water pump and timing belt about a year and a half ago

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Odyssey yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes will do it myself. Have not tired anything so far and thinking it is a gasket of the coolant cross over pipe

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Not at this time

Submitted: 21 days ago.Category: Honda
Answered in 1 minute by:
5/27/2018
Mechanic for Honda: Clifton B., Auto Service Technician replied 21 days ago
Clifton B.
Clifton B., Auto Service Technician

hi my name is ***** ***** i will be helping you today

base on where the coolant is leaking from you will need to replace the water pump again as it is leaking

Customer reply replied 21 days ago
can it be the water pipe going into the pump

it could be but because the water is dripping on the compressor i fine that this is always cause by the water pump but you would need to get to the pump to inspect it

Clifton B.
Clifton B.
Clifton B., Auto Service Technician