Honda

Have Honda questions? Ask a Honda repair expert.

I have a Honda Civic LX 2012 after installing a new

Customer Question
I have a Honda...

I have a Honda Civic LX 2012 after installing a new alternator but it was still not charging

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Civic yourself? What have you tried so far?

Install a new alternator but still not charging

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Honda
5/27/2018
Mechanic for Honda: Andrew Martin,
 replied 2 months ago
Andrew Martin
Hello, first make sure the connector on the alternator is seated in all the way as well as the wire that is held down by the nut. Secondly you may want to check the fuses in the engine fuse box. And last, check the voltage at the alternator, if everything is hooked up and fuses are good, it should be putting out 13-14 volts. If it isn’t, it’s likely the alternator is bad. And yes even if it’s new, they can come bad, I’ve had it happen beforeIf my answer has helped you, please help me by rating 3 stars or higher, or accepting my answer. This does not cost you any more, it just allows me to be credited for my work. Feel free to ask further questions after rating/accepting. Thank you!
I installed two new alternators but the issues were still there. I checked all the fuses in the fuse box under the hood but all the fuses there were good. So I don’t know what the problem actual is now but I can say it definitely is not the alternator. Is there any other fuses under the dashboard can affect the alternator?