Honda

Have Honda questions? Ask a Honda repair expert.

I am trying to rewrite or reprogram keys on this honda civic…

Customer Question
Hi, I am trying...

Hi, I am trying to rewrite or reprogram keys on this honda civic 2007 in which the immobilization icon(Key icon flashing on the panel) is flashing. But unfortunately my Autoboss v30 can only give me a "immobilizer unnormal" result. What must I do next?

Mechanic's Assistant: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to go over that information regarding your Honda Civic. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?

Actually this car was still running, but suddenly the aircon and tail lights just suddenly failed to turn on at the same time, so we tried to troubleshoot for the problem and just suddenly the engine went off and now it cranks but doesn't start the engine and the immobilizer icon flashes

Submitted: 21 days ago.Category: Honda
5/2/2018
Mechanic for Honda: Anthony P., Honda Mechanic replied 21 days ago
Anthony P.
Anthony P., Honda Mechanic
Hi you need to find out if the immobilizer unit is good and if all the fuses under the dash are good
Customer reply replied 21 days ago
I already did that, all fuses and relays are checked. How do I know if the immobilizer is good or bad?
Mechanic for Honda: Anthony P., Honda Mechanic replied 20 days ago
Did you replace anything on the immobilizer? Does your scanner give you the option for a systems check ?
Customer reply replied 19 days ago
nope, its only the fuses and relays are checked. We did not touch anything for now. I tried to use immobilizer functions on my scanner, and tried to click on lost keys and add key functions so as to reprogram but it will give me "Immobilizer Unnormal" output. my scanner is a Autoboss V30
Mechanic for Honda: Anthony P., Honda Mechanic replied 19 days ago
Can you recheck all the fuses under the dash in that box
Customer reply replied 19 days ago
we already did. and all fuses are intact
Mechanic for Honda: Anthony P., Honda Mechanic replied 18 days ago
Ok if they are all good and your scanner can’t read the immobilizer system errors you would have to take it to Honda for diag with our hds. You can replace the immobilizer unit if you want to try but I highly doubt that’s the issue.
Anthony P.
Anthony P.
Anthony P., Honda Mechanic