Honda

Have Honda questions? Ask a Honda repair expert.

I have honda civivic 2010 .car stalls when i com to stop or…

Customer Question
Hi , i...

Hi , i have honda civivic 2010 .car stalls when i com to stop or want to turn while slowing down. thanks.

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the check engine light on? Does the car stall at idle or when driving?

Yes check engine light is sometimes on sometimes off . the code was ' engine too lean. car don't stall when driving at normal speed or when car is cold.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '10 Honda?

Civic LE

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Civic yourself? What have you tried so far?

I didn't try to fix it yet..

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That's it .

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Honda
4/3/2018
Mechanic for Honda: Dan, ASE Master Technician replied 2 months ago
Dan, ASE Master Technician

Hello my name is***** am a Master Technician and I am glad to help you. I am reviewing your question now, and will reply shortly.

A system too lean code indicates that you have a vacuum leak. This will also cause the engine to stall. Leaking intake manifold gasket or a cracked or broken vacuum line will cause this. You need to spray the engine with throttle cleaner while the engine is idling. You will be listening for the engine to change rpm indicating that the throttle cleaner is getting sucked into the engine. Spray the vacuum lines and intake manifold thoroughly. A scan tool that can read live engine data can also be useful. You will need to look at short term fuel trim at idle. A vacuum leak is indicated by a positive fuel trim. The engine computer will add fuel because the oxygen sensor is seeing more air than normal.

Please let me know if you have any more questions.
Customer satisfaction is my number one goal. Giving a positive (3 star or higher) rating would be appreciated
You can do this rating by clicking on the stars.
This will not close your question and we will still be able to talk about any other issues you may have for free!
I do not get credit unless you give a positive rating.
Do not give a negative rating (2 stars or less) please ask what you need more help with and let’s get your question answered!
5 star ratings are greatly appreciated! Thanks!

I am contacting you because this question has not been closed or rated.
This question will automatically time out after 7 days. Please let me know if you have any questions so I can help more.
A 3 star or higher rating would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.