Honda

Have Honda questions? Ask a Honda repair expert.

The radio needs a code in order to work. how do i get that?

Customer Question
The radio needs a...

Mechanic's Assistant: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to go over that information regarding your Honda. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?

Thanks. i don't think so

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Honda
4/3/2018
Mechanic for Honda: Jared D, ASE Certified Technician replied 3 months ago
Jared D
Jared D, ASE Certified Technician

Good morning,

I can help you get a radio unlock code.

What year and model is your honda?

2010 odyssey

Ok. That should be easy. We will need the serial number and the complete vin. What does the radio display show right now?

If you get a phone call pop-up that's not me. It's automated.

We need the radio to say CODE. If it says ERROR we will need to disconnect the battery and let it reset.

it says CODE ERROR 1
i actually figured it out. Thank you.

Ok. Sorry for the delay I was typing out instructions for getting the serial number to display.

I'm glad you got it sorted out. Please let me know if you need help in the future.