Honda

Have Honda questions? Ask a Honda repair expert.

The navigation system cannot be turned on. It says please…

Customer Question
The navigation system cannot...

The navigation system cannot be turned on. It says please check your disc

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Honda?

2005 Honda accord

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Accord yourself? What have you tried so far?

I have no idea how to fix

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I do not think so

Submitted: 16 days ago.Category: Honda
Customer reply replied 16 days ago
Do I have to wait for long time?
4/3/2018
Mechanic for Honda: MASTER TECH, Honda Technician replied 16 days ago
MASTER TECH
MASTER TECH, Honda Technician

Hello welcome to Just answer I am Master Tech and will be able to assist you today.

have you checked the navi disc in the trunk drive unit ?

Customer reply replied 16 days ago
I checked the disc and the disc looks fine. But for some reason, the system cannot load the navigation system and other buttons such as AC fan control and radio button do not work. Is there a way to by pass the navi loading so that other buttons will work?

ok when this is giving the message to check Disc the issue is the navi unit in the trunk that is failed and typically runs around 300 or so to have repaired.

Customer reply replied 16 days ago
Can I buy the unit and replace it by myself? If so, where can I buy it and what is the part number?

since the climate controls are on the navi touch screen it will not come on line do due the navi drive not allowing the system to operate.

yes its a simple plug and play unit

http://www.hitechserv.com/electronics-repair/oem-navigation-dvd-cd-changer-repair/73

Customer reply replied 16 days ago
The link you provided above is a repair site. Is there places I can buy the unit and install by myself?
Mechanic for Honda: MASTER TECH, Honda Technician replied 15 days ago
that is correct.
You will send your Navi unit in and they will repair it. Then send it back to you.
Customer reply replied 15 days ago
I want to have a new unit instead of a repaired unit that may break a again. Where can I buy a new unit?
Other then buying it from a Honda dealer I’m not aware of anyplace that will still sell this Navi unit other then a reman unit
Customer reply replied 15 days ago
I have found this link from Walmart. Can you please help to check if this unit is good for my car, Honda accord EX, 2005. Thanks.
https://www.walmart.com/ip/OEM-In-Trunk-DVD-Navigation-Module-For-Honda-Accord-Hybrid-2005-39540-SDR-405/807257704?wmlspartner=wlpa&selectedSellerId=11880&adid=22222222228147457709&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=m&wl3=256569754945&wl4=pla-423969407948&wl5=9032007&wl6=&wl7=&wl8=&wl9=pla&wl10=118770426&wl11=online&wl12=807257704&wl13=&veh=sem

can you give me your vin I will check to make sure this will work with your car

Mechanic for Honda: MASTER TECH, Honda Technician replied 13 days ago

did you order that navi unit ?

Customer reply replied 9 days ago
No I did not order yet. I did not understand how the unit is tighten to Vin number
Mechanic for Honda: MASTER TECH, Honda Technician replied 9 days ago

since the one you showed me is for a Hybrid. just want to make sure the driver is the same for the non hybrid .

MASTER TECH
MASTER TECH
MASTER TECH, Honda Technician