Honda

Have Honda questions? Ask a Honda repair expert.

Emission control light came on while driving. None of the 10…

Customer Question
Emission control light came...

Emission control light came on while driving. None of the 10 normal situations apply. It also doesn't go off when the ignition is in the ON position nor does it blink 5 times. I had this happen previously about 1,500 miles ago. The shop reset the readiness codes and everything seemed OK. Subsequently, the car failed a smog check. The dealer recommended a valve job. The car passed the smog check. Now I am having the emission control light error again.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you seen this code before? Have you tried a hard reset?

I haven't seen a code.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '10 Honda?

2008 Fit. Sport. Automatic.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Fit yourself? What have you tried so far?

All the above were done by the shop.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Engine seems to have started missing at the same time t;he light came on.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Honda
4/3/2018
Mechanic for Honda: MASTER TECH, Honda Technician replied 3 months ago
MASTER TECH
MASTER TECH, Honda Technician

Hello welcome to Just answer I am master tech and will be able to assist you.

so currently the check engine light is on correct.

have you scanned the system to see which code is present in the system

was the valve job done or you passed on the repair

No code and I don't have a scanner. Valve job was done. Passed smog over a month ago. No light comes on an stays on.

ok the first step here is to get the system scanned so we know why the light is on and which system is affected. could be something simple as a fuel cap.