Honda

Have Honda questions? Ask a Honda repair expert.

I’d like to know about the vct actuator issue in 2009-2014…

Customer Question
I’d like to know...

I’d like to know about the vct actuator issue in 2009-2014 crv .

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your CR-V?

Trying to buy one Afraid to

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your CR-V yourself? What have you tried so far?

I don’t have one we want one but then heard about this actuator issue. Is it a real problem?

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Honda
4/1/2018
Mechanic for Honda: Pete, Mechanic replied 3 months ago
Pete, Mechanic

The vct problems on Honda,s are due to lack of oil changes. The interval is to long. If you can find one with low milage, less than 30,000, you can buy it with no problems. If you do get one just change the oil every 3500 miles, and it will last.

I heard there was an extension of coverage and that it is a Honda issue. I just want to know what year crvs to avoid

Honda has a bulletin out fo 2007 to 2012 crv"s. They updated the vct gear for 2013 to present.

.