Honda

Have Honda questions? Ask a Honda repair expert.

Windows won’t go up or down also sunroof not working and my…

Customer Question
Windows won’t go up...

Windows won’t go up or down also sunroof not working and my fan on the dashboard has quit.

Mechanic's Assistant: How long has this been going on?

Door windows have been like this Started last summer. The sunroof and dash fan yesterday

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Honda?

1997 Honda ex

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your EX yourself? What have you tried so far?

No I’m not fixing it just trying to find out what I need to do. If it isn’t toohard I’m gonna try. I haven’t done anything. Was told to buy a window motor and regulator for drivers door

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I think that’s it.

Submitted: 24 days ago.Category: Honda
3/30/2018
Mechanic for Honda: Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems replied 24 days ago
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Mechanic for Honda: Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems replied 23 days ago

We have Multiplex module under dash that will cause that issue ,but we need to check few things first, have all fuse been checked ?

have you had it scanned with Honda capable scanner to retrieve ee fault codes ?

do all window do not work from master switch or just one or 2 , and do they work from individual switches

Are you looking for the most possible causes or you are repairing it yourself .

Please Let Me Know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
None of the windows work properly from any switch. Drivers window will go down a few inches. That’s why I was told to get new regulator and motor.My friend ran the codes the codes were p0171 and p0401And I’m not sure how to check fuses can they do that at autozone?
Customer reply replied 23 days ago
I am wanting to fix it myself if possible.

These faults codes tell me you have basic code reader or used a basic code reader to pull engine fault codes,the P0171 is oxygen sensor fault and the P0401 EGR fault none are related .

1- so first the scanner you have can read the modules we want in the car

2-second the driver window was it replaced ?

3- The master switch on the driver side window is the most common ,if this doesn't nit work none will

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
Not sure if window was replaced I bought car a little over a year ago. Windows have always been messed up. But window may have been replaced cause it makes crunching sounds if I try to roll down window.

The crunching sound is usulay the regulator / motor, but that does not explain the rest of the windows .

the regulator could have went bad again ,

remove master switch and wiggle the wire connector at it while pushing the window button

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
I will try that. I’m on my way to work now. So it will be later today b4 I can do it. Question - does the switch just lift out?

SOUNDS GOOD READ BELOW HOW TO GET BACK IN TOUCH WITH ME AND I WILL TRY TO HELP YOU ON IT

Please Take a Second and Click the Stars at the Top of Your Screen To Rate Me , So I May receive My my Credit , A 5 Stars Rating is Much Appreciated

You are very welcome :)

Please Read Below How to Get Back in touch with Me

Follow Up Questions are Included in The Price of Your Question ,So Feel Free To Ask Me.

Please Keep in Mind that when you Rate Me , it Does Not End our Conversation.

You Can Always Come Back to this Conversation and Ask Me any Follow up Question you May have on this Issue

(You can Copy this Link Page & Paste it in your Browser when Ready and it will Open up our Conversation Again)

or there should be a Tab on your Screen to Add me As Your Favorite Expert

I'm Online Daily from 7 Am Till Late Eastern Time Zone

Thank You?Chad Farhat?ASE Certified Technician

Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat