Honda

Have Honda questions? Ask a Honda repair expert.

I really need help replacing the leaking oil pan gasket on a…

I really need help...

I really need help replacing the leaking oil pan gasket on a 2.4L 2007 Honda Accord. I can't find a step by step tutorial online. Can you give me process steps for this procedure?

Mechanic's Assistant: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to go over that information regarding your Honda Accord. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?

Sure, it looks like the previous oil pan gasket was HondaBond or some sort of epoxy style glue. I think it wasn't done perfectly and that's why it might be leaking. I plan on replacing it with an autozone oil pan gasket. Is that the best way?

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/29/2018
HDGENE
HDGENE, ASE Master Tech/Advanced Diagnostic

Hello, and thank you for using Just Answer! My name is***** me a few moments to review your question and Ill do my best to assist you.

Sure take your time. I don't plan on beginning the replacement process until tomorrow afternoon. And I plan on taking 2-5 days to do the job just in case I run into something funky. Thanks for the help!

Hello, I would use the sealer as it asks for, installing a gasket may cause other leaks or issues since it isnt meant to use one, but the choice is yours.

If you need more help please let me know. If I was helpful,please use the 5 stars above to leave a positive rating.

HDGENE
That is helpful enough to get me going. I'll ask other questions as I go along. Thanks!

You are welcome, thank you!

Thanks for your Oil Pan Removal PDF. I've started the job and it's been easy so far but I could use some help with a few of the steps. I got to step 7. I'll work on the vehicle more tomorrow afternoon, so no hurry.
Do you have PDF instructions you can send me for any of the following steps?
I get the general idea of what to do, but I'm not positive of the location of everything.
Sorry for being such a newby mechanic.
Step 7.
Step 9.
Step 10.
Step 13
Step 14
Step 15
Step 16
Step 17.
Also, Is the stiffener already removed in the step 18 diagram? It looks like it is because I can see teeth on the flywheel.

Hello, no thats how it lists the procedure, I dont have any more specifics, yes the plate is removed.