Honda

Have Honda questions? Ask a Honda repair expert.

I need the radio code for my 2002 Honda accord

Customer Question
I need the radio...

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Honda
3/28/2018
Mechanic for Honda: Don - Mo Lurch, Auto Service Technician replied 3 months ago
Don - Mo Lurch
Don - Mo Lurch, Auto Service Technician

need your;

Vehicle V.I.N.
Radio Serial Number

.
WITHOUT Navigation:

Turn the ignition switch to ON.

Turn ON the device and confirm that the display reads COdE.

If you don’t see this message, pull the backup fuse for 1 minute, and then go back to step 1.

Turn OFF the device.

Press and hold the 1 and 6 radio preset buttons, and turn ON the device.

The display toggles between two screens: U with the first 4 digits of the serial number (U2200 for example,)

And L with the last 4 digits of the serial number (L0055 for example.)

Ignore the U and L and record all 8 digits

.

WITH Navigation:

The Navigation Anti-Theft Code and the device unit's serial number are listed on the anti-theft ID card that comes with the vehicle. The card is usually placed in the glove box at the time of delivery.

The navigation system serial number label is located on the control unit. This is where the removable DVD is stored. For information on where to locate your navigation system control unit, refer to the Navigation System manual supplied with your vehicle ("Changing the DVD") or consult your dealership. If the label is not viewable once the control unit is located, consult your dealership for assistance.

Note: The serial number cannot be obtained electonically on the navigation screen.

.

I may NOT be able to get the Code, depending on the information above

.

I figured out how to do it through the website but I think this particular radio doesn’t belong to this used car

Honda Dealer is your only way, IF this is Factory Honda Radio, or you know the V.I.N. that it came out of
The Code "might be" written somewhere in the paper work or on the Chassis of the Radio