Honda

Have Honda questions? Ask a Honda repair expert.

My sunroof is stuck open and wont close. Sometimes if we…

Customer Question
My sunroof is stuck...

My sunroof is stuck open and wont close. Sometimes if we keep pushing the open and close button along with the other windows it will close but right now that isn't working for me.

Mechanic's Assistant: Is this your first time dealing with this issue?

Well it just started about 4 months ago.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Honda?

2012

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

I haven't tried anything yet. Didn't know where to start I am thinking that the switch is going bad.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No that is the only issue, well I do have a different issue with the back end of the car. When I am driving and go around curves and its a bump in the curve or if I am driving on a straight road at approximately 55-65 mph and hit a bump the rear end of the car moves over/rear end swerves....

Submitted: 29 days ago.Category: Honda
3/28/2018
Mechanic for Honda: Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems replied 29 days ago
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
Ok thanks!

You could have blown the fuse now, did you check under instrument panel ,for sunroof fuse ?

Send me car vin# ***** what Honda and model 2012 vehicle you have

The switch or cpnnector to it or roof motor or track could be issue here also , depending what model u have

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
I have a 2012 Honda Civic and it opens and tilts fine just when it is time to close it I have to play with all window switches and that switch at the same time to close it.
Customer reply replied 29 days ago
What about the other issue that I am having with the rear end that I stated earlier?

Click on link to view the pdf file Symptom table and possible cause and what to check,let me know if you can view and we go from there

,the other issue will get to it after this one,unless u good on this one ,

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
Oh I just completely read your question CIVIC. sorry

SWITCH TESTING

OH NO WORRIES :)

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
I'm at work and I cannot go to the link. I will have to do it tomorrow when I get up. Will the link still be available or will you be able to send it to my email? There is some kind of blocker on the computers here and I cannot view....

The swerving over a bump ,you will need to check rear suspension, strut,strut mount lower control arm, lateral links any busted bushing on these components will make it do that

click on link to view suspension parts.

YES , ALL BE AVAILABLE AND WE CAN CONTINUE AT ANYTIME ,READ BELOW HOW ANDS MY SHEDULE ON THE WEBSITE HERE :)

Please Take a Second and Click the Stars at the Top of Your Screen To Rate Me , So I May receive My my Credit , A 5 Stars Rating is Much Appreciated

You are very welcome :)

Please Read Below How to Get Back in touch with Me

Follow Up Questions are Included in The Price of Your Question ,So Feel Free To Ask Me.

Please Keep in Mind that when you Rate Me , it Does Not End our Conversation.

You Can Always Come Back to this Conversation and Ask Me any Follow up Question you May have on this Issue

(You can Copy this Link Page & Paste it in your Browser when Ready and it will Open up our Conversation Again)

or there should be a Tab on your Screen to Add me As Your Favorite Expert

I'm Online Daily from 7 Am Till Late Eastern Time Zone

Thank You?Chad Farhat?ASE Certified Technician

Mechanic for Honda: Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems replied 22 days ago

Hey, Just checking to see if you need any additional help on it

Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat