Honda

Have Honda questions? Ask a Honda repair expert.

Parking brake is stuck on - this happened several years ago…

Customer Question
Parking brake is stuck...

Parking brake is stuck on - this happened several years ago and it cost me $600 So when I got it back I said to myself never again will I put it on I had a guy come drive my car yesterday and he put the parking brake on and it is stuck!????

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you tried pumping the regular brake a few times?

Yes, I backed it and went forward a short distance many times and pumped on it to no avail

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Honda?

03 honda pilot

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Pilot yourself? What have you tried so far?

I want to but I don't think I can - as I said I went forward and backward a bunch of times while pumping the brake

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Honda
3/28/2018
Mechanic for Honda: Canuck Tech, Auto Service Technician replied 3 months ago
Canuck Tech
Canuck Tech, Auto Service Technician

Hello. From this side of the internet, I suspect the emergency brake cables have seized up. Maybe not all of them, but at least one. I have seen this frequently, in the exact scenario you have described - the park brake isn't used (seldom if ever) and then it gets applied, and sticks. I've put a parts and labor estimate together for you - part number and prices, and labor. Not really a do it yourself job unless you have some experience with brakes.

Regards, Canuck

Front Cable 47210S3VA01 30.87

Right Rear Cable 47520S3VA11 63.78

Left Rear Cable 47560S3VA11 65.48

2.5 hours labor.