Honda

Have Honda questions? Ask a Honda repair expert.

My 2017 Honda trunk is not closeing,what is the missing line…

Customer Question
My 2017 Honda trunk...

My 2017 Honda trunk is not closeing,what is the missing line means .

Mechanic's Assistant: What exactly is happening to the trunk?

It wound closed normally after opening the trunk

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '17 Honda?

Accord sport

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Accord yourself? What have you tried so far?

I haven't do anything yet ,but yes I would Like to fix it my self.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Yes some one hit me from behind but the impact was not too hard only little crick on the Bumber

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Honda
3/27/2018
Mechanic for Honda: Danny, ASE Certified Technician replied 4 months ago
Danny
Danny, ASE Certified Technician
Either the mechanism inside the trunk has stuck in the unlock position so the latch can no longer latch, the latch is faulty, or it moved the striker plate on the body enough that the latch will no longer properly connect with the striker.Take a screwdriver and attempt to manually latch the trunk Latch by pushing down on the little claw that moves up and down. If it will latch, then you need to loosen up the striker plate on the body and try to move it so it makes proper contact with the latch.If it will not latch you need to remove the trunk trim and then see if the mechanism that unlocks the latch is stuck in position. If it is and you need to fix that obviously, but if it isn't then you need to replace the actual trunk latch.If I've answered your question to your satisfaction please remember to hit accept next to my name because that's the only way I get paid.If you need further assistance please don't hesitate to ask, you can ask follow-up questions even after accepting.