Honda

Have Honda questions? Ask a Honda repair expert.

Actually i have a ford fusion. how would i know if my

Actually i have a...

Actually i have a ford fusion. how would i know if my downward oxygen sensor would be bad or faulty

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you located all of the vehicle's oxygen sensors? Are the wires leading to and from each intact and in good shape?

Yes. i have cleaned a the throttle body, egr, the upward is cool and exhaust manifold is hot when started

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Fusion?

The only one i have not checked is the downward one./ 2011 my exhaust pipe shakes only at the catalytic converter and my engine light is illuminated

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Fusion yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes. cleaned the whole throttle body, the egr, the sensors respond normally. checked the exhaust for leaks, checked the exhaust manifold. it seems ok and no leaks besides that i cleaned the others

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

My exhaust only shakes at the catalytic and engine stalls when in gear

3/26/2018
rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor

Hello, my name is ***** ***** to Just Answer! I will be assisting you with your questions today. Give me one moment while I review this.

The only accurate way to test an O2 sensor is with a lab scope. See attachment of a good one.

Please understand that I don't know your skill level or tools
you have to assist us. Also understand that I can't see, smell,
hear, or touch the vehicle either, so your patience is
appreciated. JA is a great Q/A site, but it does not replace a
repair shop. So please don’t shoot the messenger if I have to
deliver bad news:)
pops up. I don’t get credit for helping you until
you rate me

Thanks, Ron

the upward oxygen sensor is cooler than the exhaust manifold, i cleaned the egr and the pin is freely moved, no funny smells from the exhaust nor manifold, i did hear hissing sounds months ago under the hood, but it was not the cooling system as in had it pressurized. it was not the cooling and the flushed helped it at that time, but currently there is not a hissing under the hood. the only thing i get is a higher rpm and the it stalls when i put it in drive, and the flex pipe shakes at the catalytic converter, the exhaust muffler has a deeper rumble, and it is putting alot of moisture on the ground where the exhaust fumes are going at the ground

Okay, your questions to me me originally was how to check an O2 sensor, and I gave you that information along with an attachment.

Thanks again, and please remember to rate me 5 stars now and keep our link.

rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor

I would actually do a compression/cylinder leak down test at this point by how you're describing this to me. Sounds like a possible head gasket leak.

Thanks again, Ron