Honda

Have Honda questions? Ask a Honda repair expert.

Asa light will not turn off after trying virtually every…

Asa light will not...

Asa light will not turn off after trying virtually every suggestion

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?

ABS AND THE CAR WITH SQUIGGLY LIGHTS. THIS OCCURRED AFTER JUMP STARTING A DEAD BATTERY.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Honda?

2012 odysseey

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Trying disconnected battery for over 30 minutes, bought obdll reader but there are no codes showing

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Car drives fine except for the lights on in dash

Again, reader shows no codes. Could blown fuse cause this?
3/25/2018
Greg
Greg, import technician

Hi, I'm Greg (Indy-Tech).
Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.
Rgds Greg.

Hi .

You said No codes ,what code reader or scan tool was you using .

Greg

Hi Greg, it is a fasDiag JD-101

Okay this will not go into ABS system .

Your problem lies in the ABS system, the code reader you have is just a generic OBD II reader .

You need to get hooked up and check for ABS codes .

In most cases like yours you will find that one of the Wheel speed sensors have failed ,this will trip

ON the traction warning light and ABS .

Not to worry you can in most cases still drive only the traction and ABS system will be deactivated.

Because you jump started the battery i would first with the ABS scan tool clear codes and then recheck if still problem check codes and repair where needed.

If you are going to tackle this yourself then please get back to me with the malfunction codes that you gather with a ABS scan tool .

For further assistance with this issue please get back to me with the reply box below .
This is not a one answer and done i will stay with you until the problem is sorted out .
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 3 to 5 stars at the top of your page, i'm not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with you unless you leave positive feedback.
Before rating 1 to 2 stars please get back to me as i'm here to help you, if i can't or you think i can't i will opt out or you can opt me out so another expert can.
I want to help you with your problem and make you a happy motorist
Rgds Greg

Well I just bought this so what I may do is go to a parts store where they read for free and see what there’s days. I was under the impression from Amazon , this would read everything.ill
Try that tomorrow and get back to you if that is ok?

Sounds good most autoparts store should be able to read ABS codes but seen some that Can't .

Greg

Greg
Greg, import technician