Honda

Have Honda questions? Ask a Honda repair expert.

Light is flashing and car won’t start. Key light 2004 Honda.

Green light is flashing...

Green light is flashing and car won’t start

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, can you tell me which light it is? And does it blink first, then stay on steady?

Key light 2004 Honda

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '04 Honda?

Accord

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Accord yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes trying to fix myself but won’t start, turned key to II and back to 0

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Trying to see if I need to take it to Honda for them to program

3/25/2018
Honda-Man
Honda-Man, Honda Mechanic

Thank you for taking time to seek expert Honda advice. I am reviewing your question and gathering information. Please standby.

Hello, have you tried a different key? Might just be the key transponder chip?

Tyhanks, Cliff AKA Honda-Man

Only have one key
Do I need to take it to Honda?

Sorry for the delay, yes it will need to be reprogramed with a Honda scan tool. There are also mobile locksmiths that should be able to program your system.

It might also just need reset? Sometimes disconcerting the battery works...sometimes. You will need the radio code after so be warned.

Please reply if you need more help so we can continue this conversation. This does not have to be my only answer. If you are satisfied with my service, please rate at the top of the page before exiting the site. Rating does not close out your question or cost extra.

Thank you!
~Honda-Man Factory trained and ASE certified Honda-BMW tech 30+ years experience.

Thank you

You are very welcome!

Thanks, ***** ***** to rate 5 stars if possible.

Cliff

Honda-Man
Honda-Man, Honda Mechanic