Honda

Have Honda questions? Ask a Honda repair expert.

I have an 08 Honda civic in my shop, did some repair work on…

Hello, I have an 08...
Hello, I have an 08 Honda civic in my shop, did some repair work on it after a light collision. Air bags were not deployed but crash sensor was damaged and had to be replaced(light was on in dash) code 41.1 was found, no signal from left front crash sensor. Replaced sensor, erased code , light went out, turned key off and back on again light came on as it should went out then come back on setting same code 41.1.
3/25/2018
Greg
Greg, import technician

Hi, I'm Greg (Indy-Tech).
Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.
Rgds Greg.

Hi Norman .

Clear codes with scan tool .

Then switch off ignition switch back on do not start ,does the SRS warning light come on for 6 seconds then go out or stay ON.

If stays on is the 41-1 code back.

Check accident area and engine area where the sensor is for damaged wiring harness.

Greg

light goes out but comes back on within a second or two. I will check the harness where the damage was done and if I don't see any damage I will get back to you. It will be tomorrow as I am not working today , just wanted to get this set up for tomorrow. Thanks!
the same code is back

Okay good .should find it as both wires go direct to the SRS control module .

Module is under middle of the dash .

Check connector at the sensor for pulled pins

Greg

Great thanks, ***** ***** in touch tomorrow to let you know what I find!

Sounds good have a good Sunday .

Good morning, checked around damaged area, could not see any damage, checked wires with an ohm meter, as far as I could get up in the harness and got good reading from there
Ok that's what I thought, going now to pick up module, am going to test wires first when I come back 99 perc
Percent sure it's the module

Okay good let me know how you get on and all the best .

For further assistance with this issue please get back to me with the reply box below .
This is not a one answer and done i will stay with you until the problem is sorted out .
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 3 to 5 stars at the top of your page, i'm not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with you unless you leave positive feedback.
Before rating 1 to 2 stars please get back to me as i'm here to help you, if i can't or you think i can't i will opt out or you can opt me out so another expert can.
I want to help you with your problem and make you a happy motorist
Rgds Greg

Just wondering if you had a diagram of the connector on the srs unit , I would like to know which are the two terminals for the wires going to the left front crash sensor. Thanks
ok , I take it the arrows on the left are for the left front sensor and the ones on the right are for the right sensor?
If so I will let you know how it goes in the morning and again thanks for the help!

You bet .

All the best .

Greg

Put module in still getting code 41-1, plus 81-6 and 85-61

New or used module

Used

used and two new codes ,clear coders and see what comes back .

Greg

Greg
Greg, import technician
Same codes came back

Now put in the original unit and see what codes you have ,as with the original you only had the 41-1

code .

Remember if a vehicle was in an accident and the Unit Recorded the accident the unit must be replaced with a unit

that was not in an accident .

I did that, just the one code came back with the original module

okay both bad ?

Greg

they are, getting a new one, that will fix it. Thanks for all the help!!

Okay Have a good Easter break .

Greg

Thanks same to you!!