Honda

Have Honda questions? Ask a Honda repair expert.

I have a 98 Accord Lx. My right signal light does not come…

Customer Question
I have a 98...

I have a 98 Accord Lx. My right signal light does not come on when lights are on. But when using the blinker or turning on the hazards it does work.

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?

Front right signal light

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Accord yourself? What have you tried so far?

I have not tried anything yet. Not sure what to replace

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

My cruise control does not work at all. Sometimes when trying to use it the car will stutter a bit then the cruise control will just turn off.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Honda
3/25/2018
Mechanic for Honda: Danny, ASE Certified Technician replied 4 months ago
Danny
Danny, ASE Certified Technician
That bulb is going to be a dual filament bulb, I would remove the bulb and check and see if just the filament for the running light itself is burned out. Replace the bulb, and if that doesn't fix it to diagnose it you want to get a voltmeter and check for voltage to the ball holder, but more than likely you just need to replace the bulb holder. Check for burning and corrosion in the bulb holder and often times I will bend the tabs in the bulb holder in so they make better contact with the bulb.As far as the cruise control goes check and see if you have any faults in memory with an OBD2 scan tool, to start.Then I would inspect the cruise control actuator in the engine bay and see if you can locate any mechanical deficiencies. It's just an electronically-controlled solenoid that manually actuates the throttle, and if the throttle cable isn't adjusted properly or is rusty and binding it shuts the cruise control off.If I have answered your questions to your satisfaction please remember to hit accept next to my name because that is the only way the site will compensate me for my time.If you have any further questions please don't hesitate to ask, you can ask follow-up questions even after hitting accept.