Honda

Have Honda questions? Ask a Honda repair expert.

It wont start, when i refilled it with fuel the fuel was…

Customer Question
It wont start, when...

It wont start, when i refilled it with fuel the fuel was contaminated with water. i've drained the tank of fuel (it was extremely milky) replaced the fuel filter cleaned the fuel lines, got some injector cleaner an refilled it but still no start? the battery is working fine and the fuse for the for the fuel pump seems to be fine

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the fuel filter an external one, or is it inside the tank?

External

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Honda?

2000 crv

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your CR-V yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes. i have replaced the fuel filter, cleaned the fuel lines (with an air compressor) (the fuel that was drained was extremely milky) i've replaced the spark plug and checked the fuse and the wires for the fuel pump they seem to have good voltage and fuse wasn't blown.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

My car was working completely fine before the contaminated fuel

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Honda
3/25/2018
Mechanic for Honda: Gary, ASE Certified Technician replied 3 months ago
Gary
Gary, ASE Certified Technician

Hello! My name is Gary.
Welcome to JustAnswer.
I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with a reply shortly.

Hello there,

Your fuel rails etc probably have the bad fuel in them.

Can you get a can of "start ya bastard" or car cleaner and spray some into the throttle body. Then it may start, it may need a few goes.

Gary

Hello again,

Do you need any further help?

I hope my advice has been of assistance to you.

Kind regards

Gary