Honda

Have Honda questions? Ask a Honda repair expert.

I replaced the ima battery yesterday with a new 8.5 amp

Customer Question
I replaced the ima...

I replaced the ima battery yesterday with a new 8.5 amp battery. the car ran fine for about an 2 hours then ima light, the check engine light came on and then the red battery light started going on and off as I was driving home. the stereo began to not work and the car stalled once getting home. I read the OBDII code and it says p1448

Mechanic's Assistant: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?

The check engine light jsut stays on. I think the hybrid ECM is bad but I cant tell if it is that or the DC converter that supplies the power to the front battery. I jst replaced the front battery about a month and a half ago

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Honda?

2007

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

I am fixing it myself.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I have charged the front battery for about 4 hours. and I have started the car and un connected the negative front battery to see if it would run and it did

Submitted: 29 days ago.Category: Honda
Answered in 2 days by:
3/27/2018
Mechanic for Honda: eric remington,
 replied 27 days ago
eric remington
Ok do this get a voltage meter turn on high beams and defroster radio etc and measure battery vtage
Customer reply replied 26 days ago
Ok did that 14 volts consistently. Been running it for about 10 mins full load no issues.
Mechanic for Honda: eric remington,
 replied 26 days ago

ok get me vin number

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
Ok so I was able to replicate the problem again last night. It took about an hour of stop and go type driving without the brights or heater on to get the check engine light, the ima light and the red battery light to come on. It seems like it is defiently something to do with heating of the battery control unit. I dont here the IMA fans kick on at anytime though. I was able to drive home fine with no loss of power to the engine but when I got home the 12 v battery red 12.6 volts instead of the 14 that it had earlier. So on my way home I feel like the IMA battery stopped charging the front 12v battery. the battery gauge light was all the way to the top but I never had any IMA assist on the way home after the red light came on.
Mechanic for Honda: eric remington,
 replied 26 days ago

do you have a scanner that can communicate with vehicle modules?

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
I have an obd II scanner that can give me codes. Thats how I knew I was getting the p1448 code.
Customer reply replied 26 days ago
I am at work right now so I cant scan the car again until I get home.
Mechanic for Honda: eric remington,
 replied 26 days ago

ok no problem take your time let me know

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
Still the same code. P1448 Happens everytime after almost exactly 1 hr of driving.
Mechanic for Honda: eric remington,
 replied 23 days ago

Is fan for battery working?

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
I cant hear it turn on. How would i know?
Mechanic for Honda: eric remington,
 replied 23 days ago

Mat I hav e vehicle id number please

Mechanic for Honda: eric remington,
 replied 23 days ago

can you see fan

Mechanic for Honda: eric remington,
 replied 22 days ago

may I have vehicle id number

Customer reply replied 21 days ago
JHMFA362275010026
Mechanic for Honda: eric remington,
 replied 21 days ago

O​k I'm sending you information on the code you have the ima code. so lets go thru that. you are setting a fan code.please open the attachment

Mechanic for Honda: eric remington,
 replied 21 days ago

I​ can help with testing.does it look like something you want to tackle. I will help you find bcm connectors etc. you will needa multimeter. you may have a bad fan. but we should ck the ciruit first.also if you have owners manual ck fuses for ima and fan too...I'm here to help

Mechanic for Honda: eric remington,
 replied 21 days ago

here is pic of fan if fan never spins tghen you can be sure there is a problem with fan or circuit. do this find fan and I will show you how to ck this...if you want phone call we can do that too if you don't want phone call then don't accept my offer and we can continue in this fashion phone call is more precise and accurate but up to you

Mechanic for Honda: eric remington,
 replied 21 days ago

be careful of orange (sure you know) its high voltage

Mechanic for Honda: eric remington,
 replied 21 days ago

do this: clear code, drive till lite comes on, ck fan for movement ; see if it spins slow or doesn't come on at all.... we can test together

Mechanic for Honda: eric remington,
 replied 21 days ago

we don't want new battery to overheat

Mechanic for Honda: eric remington,
 replied 21 days ago

questions? comments? I'm here to help

eric remington
eric remington
eric remington