Honda

Have Honda questions? Ask a Honda repair expert.

Honda-Man, I have an issue with the outside tailgate handle…

Hi Honda-Man, I have an issue...
Hi Honda-Man,
I have an issue with the outside tailgate handle on a 1998 Honda Cr-v where the handle sticks in the open position resulting in the tailgate not closing. Since you are familiar with Hondas do you know if this requires replacement. If so, where can I purchase?
I have already tried closing the handle but this needs to be done constantly.
Thanks for your help!
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/24/2018
Honda-Man
Honda-Man, Honda Mechanic

Thank you for taking time to seek expert Honda advice. I am reviewing your question and gathering information. Please standby.

Welcome back and thanks for requesting me!

Sounds like the return spring has broken. After 20 years I think you got your moneys worth! I have attached the instructions for replacing the tailgate handle. Click HERE for the Honda part price and site to order one if desired.

You know the drill, if you need more help ask otherwise please leave a rating.

Honda-Man aka Clff

Sorry...Thanks again!

Honda-Man
Honda-Man, Honda Mechanic
Hi Cliff,
Thanks for the instructions!
Don't worry. I have you as my favorite Expert!