Honda

Have Honda questions? Ask a Honda repair expert.

The problem with our Honda is that the acceleration will not…

The problem with our...

The problem with our Honda is that the acceleration will not let it go past 25 miles an hour there is no more acceleration in the car

Mechanic's Assistant: How old is the transmission? Have you checked the fuel filters?

We have had the car for about 2 years and no not to my knowledge

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Honda?

2008 Honda Accord

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Accord yourself? What have you tried so far?

This problem has just a road today arose today because in the past we have had the valve timing go out in it which has led us to get a new engine the starter has went out in it in the past and right now we have no acceleration

3/24/2018
Amedee
Amedee, Former ASE Master Technician

Hello and welcome!

My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with your question.

Is the check engine light on?

Are there any codes in the computer?

Are you looking for some possible causes?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
the check engine light is on and it blinks

Thank you for that information. If the check engine light is blinking, this indicates that the computer on board the vehicle has detected a converter damaging misfire occur. So not only the engine is misfiring, but it may also be in limp mode which will prevent the engine from accelerating. The misfire condition will need to be diagnosed and fixed and the codes in the computer will need to be cleared in order to fix/resolve this condition.

Amedee
Amedee, Former ASE Master Technician
Amedee
Amedee
Amedee, Former ASE Master Technician