Honda

Have Honda questions? Ask a Honda repair expert.

Gabe, Started this conversation with you intially on

Customer Question
Gabe, Started this conversation with you...
Gabe,
Started this conversation with you intially on 14Mar18. I have a 2016 honda civic lx that starts then shuts down shortly after. Get an error about the charging system. Any ideas what to look at. New battery was installed (you answered these)
Finally was able to look at the car. I've checked the car out and it won't start but for about 3 seconds. New battery at 12.36 volts (not running). Get this error on the dash, check charging system. Ran through some blogs talking about this problem and several came to the same end result, a relay in the fuse block, Honda part # 39794-SDA-902. I did try to go through the process to re-enable the system that disables the car after a battery change by holding the brake after trying to start, removing the key, then trying again. Car also will not unlock with the key fob, have to actually put it in the door to open it.
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Honda
3/24/2018
Mechanic for Honda: scoobs597, ASE Certified Technician replied 3 months ago
scoobs597
scoobs597, ASE Certified Technician

is the car out of warranty ? anyways poss battery sensor its on the bat cable with a connector we have no issues with 2016 civics was car in accident ???

did you modify car ???

It was not in an accident and had not been modified. Car belongs to a friend who is not available to ask if still under warranty but I would think so. Probably going to just get it towed to the dealer to have them check it out