Honda

Have Honda questions? Ask a Honda repair expert.

Just had my alternator replaced. Now my headlights and

Just had my alternator...

Just had my alternator replaced. Now my headlights and heater fan pulse.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuses? Have you checked the bulbs?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Honda?

2012 odyssey

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Odyssey yourself? What have you tried so far?

No, I had it repaired at my local goodyear tire shop. I was just surfing the net to see if I could figure out what it was to see if I could take it back there for them to fix it or if I needed to see a honda specialist

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No, I think that's it

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/23/2018
Ron, ASE Certified Technician

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

If you connect a voltmeter to the battery is the voltage also pulsing like your headlamps and blower motor?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
ok, one other piece of information... alternator was replaced after warning light "check charge system" came on.
I have no idea, my husband didn't check that
The warning light has come on and off a few times since the alternator replacement.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I'm at work now. Trying to determine if I need to take this back to the local goodyear shop to repair or if I need to take to a honda specialist

Yes, you need to return to the shop that installed the new alternator. I suspect if you check the charging voltage at the battery you are going to find that it is also pulsing which means the problem is most likely with the new alternator not hold steady charging system voltage. It's likely just defective but it does need to be rechecked to avoid an overcharging concern.

Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you!

Your very welcome and thank you as well. Please take a moment to rate my service at the top right hand side of the page so I can get credit for my time, the question remains open for follow up even after doing so, all you need to do is return to this question if need be.

Thank you again.

Ron, ASE Certified Technician