Honda

Have Honda questions? Ask a Honda repair expert.

I need the radio code for a 2017 honda accord

Customer Question
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Honda
3/22/2018
Mechanic for Honda: rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor replied 3 months ago
rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor

Hello, my name is ***** ***** to Just Answer! I will be assisting you with your questions today. Give me one moment while I review this.

NEW RULES to follow:
I am so sorry your radio is not working, due to security reasons, for
your protection we are prohibited from giving out the code to your
radio. This measure is put in place to prevent thefts, and we want
to keep you and everyone else safe. But the good news is, you can
get the code from your dealer for free by showing proof of
ownership.

Thanks again and please remember to rate me 5 stars now
and keep this link in case you need me again later on.
I don’t get credit for assisting you until you rate me
My goal is to assist you in the repair of your vehicle by
supplying you with well educated information. I may not
always have the exact fix you wanted to hear, but my job is
to get you on the right track, which I always do. I can’t hear,
see, smell or touch your vehicle from where I’m at, so your
understanding of that is greatly appreciated. There are no
magical answers, but I do my best to guide you in the right
direction.

Thanks, Ron

I have always gotten codes for these off of the Honda radio code website with the VIN and serial #. We are a salvage yard and have done many radios this way. It will not accept the serial number for this particular one though. I can give you the VIN and serial number and whatever else you need.

I know, but now it's not legal, nor can JA provide them, but I did tell to how to acquire the code.Tell the dealer that you're a salvage yard and they'll work with you.

Thanks again, and please remember to rate me 5 stars now and keep our link for giving you the new/correct information. I don't get credit for helping you unless you rate me:)

I still get them for Chrysler’s and Volkswagen on JA. And I got one off of the Honda website yesterday for another vehicle. How is it not legal now?

Okay, I will report that to JA then by giving them this link. It's illegal and against JA's new policy.

I know that's not what you wanted to hear, but I did tell you the truth and correctly. This shouldn't affect my 5 star rating.

Thanks again, Ron