Honda

Have Honda questions? Ask a Honda repair expert.

I have a 2005 Honda Odyssey that has a vibration in the

front occurring only when applying...
I have a 2005 Honda Odyssey that has a vibration in the front occurring only when applying gas. When foot off the gas, the vibration goes away. I replaced the driver's side CV Axel but did not look bad. What else can I look at?
3/22/2018
Carguy1
Carguy1, certified tech

My name is ***** ***** give me a moment to review your question Thanks.The site will prompt a call.I will let you know if it's necessary

I would check the engine and transmission mounts. If it's vibrating under load like that it's possible one of the mounts is weak and allowing for much movement. You might be able to see the movement if you look at the engine while in drive and a helper steps on the gas. If you see the engine or transmission jumping it would be the problem. I would check there next, otherwise, you may be looking at a problem inside the transmission with the final drive.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to help.
Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and resources, you do when you rate my answer by using the stars at the top of the page. Payment for your question includes any follow-up questions you may have. Free trials and subscription questions still require ratings. Your question does not close after you rate. You will still be able to contact me by replying to this post.
Thank you so much!

Carguy1
Carguy1, certified tech
Carguy1
Carguy1
Carguy1, certified tech