Honda

Have Honda questions? Ask a Honda repair expert.

I have a 2005 Honda CRV and need to change out the drivers…

I have a 2005...

I have a 2005 Honda CRV and need to change out the drivers seatbelt, the female end. I have the seat out. There is an attached tray to the seat that acts as the center console but folds down that I can not dismantle and need to to get the seat belt off the seat. Any suggestions?

Mechanic's Assistant: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to go over that information regarding your Honda CR-V. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?

I will need to reset the codes also.

3/21/2018
Honda-Man
Honda-Man, Honda Mechanic

Thank you for taking time to seek expert Honda advice. I am reviewing your question and gathering information. Please standby.

Hello and welcome! I have attached the seat tray disassembly instructions from the Honda service manual. If you need any other information don't hesitate to ask!

Please reply if you need more help so we can continue this conversation at no extra charge. This does not have to be my only answer. If you are satisfied with my service, please rate at the top of the page before exiting the site. Rating does not close out your question or cost extra. Remember, sometimes it is difficult to completely diagnose your vehicle without being there, I will try to give you the best answer possible.

Thank you!
~Honda-Man Factory trained and ASE certified Honda-BMW tech 30+ years experience.

This may work. Thank You. ***** reset the codes by disconnecting the battery?

SRS codes are stored in the SRS control unit by internal memory. It won't clear codes by disconnecting the battery...sorry. Only an advanced scan tool will clear the codes. Sometimes the light will go of after the SRS unit see's the problem is gone. I would wait a while before having the code(s) cleared.

Thanks again, Cliff AKA Honda-Man

Ok, trying to get the outer piece off. It is a struggle!

Yes it is, been there myself many times. Please remember to rate.

Thank you, Cliff

Honda-Man
Honda-Man, Honda Mechanic