Honda

Have Honda questions? Ask a Honda repair expert.

I bought a used honda civic lx 2001.The brakes were replaced…

Customer Question
I bought a used...

I bought a used honda civic lx 2001.The brakes were replaced and lines and fluid. How do I get the warning light to turn off

Mechanic's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

I just got it yesterday. But the warning light won't go off

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

No. the brakes are fixed. Is there a trick to getting the light off

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

He said the break line blew. He replaced it and the fluid

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Honda
3/21/2018
Mechanic for Honda: Honda-Man, Honda Mechanic replied 4 months ago
Honda-Man
Honda-Man, Honda Mechanic

Thank you for taking time to seek expert Honda advice. I am reviewing your question and gathering information. Please standby.

Is it the brake warning light? Like if the parking brake is set?

The warning light can stay on if the fluid level is low or the level sensor plug is disconnected. The brake warning light is for the parking brake and fluid level. If the level is OK and the plug is OK the level sensor is bad. The main thing is the brakes work normally. If the pedal is soft and it won't stop well it needs to be checked out at once.

Please reply if you need more help so we can continue this conversation at no extra charge. This does not have to be my only answer. If you are satisfied with my service, please rate at the top of the page before exiting the site. Rating does not close out your question or cost extra. Remember, sometimes it is difficult to completely diagnose your vehicle without being there, I will try to give you the best answer possible.

Thank you!
~Honda-Man Factory trained and ASE certified Honda-BMW tech 30+ years experience.