Honda

Have Honda questions? Ask a Honda repair expert.

Alarm wont stop. My key wont lock or unlock the car. 1997…

Alarm wont stop Mechanic's...

Alarm wont stop

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you tried locking and unlocking the driver's side door using the key itself?

My key wont lock or unlock the car

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Honda?

1997 accord

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Accord yourself? What have you tried so far?

Disconnected and reconnected the battery - no luck

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Car is in garage - hard to work on

3/21/2018
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

HI,

Are you able to open a door at this point to get into the car?

If so, do the following - place key in ignition and turn key to on position and leave. Disconnect negative battery cable only from battery for 1 minute. Reconnect negative cable. Alarm should sound for 1 minute and then stop. Turn key off for 5 seconds and then crank.

Batttery dead I will recharge and get. Back to you. Thanbks

Ok, sounds good

Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Ok will continue later
eric remington
eric remington, FORMER SHOP OWNER/TECHNICIAN/INSPECTOR
Phone call session started