Honda

Have Honda questions? Ask a Honda repair expert.

My CRV has been recalled over and over regarding the air bag…

Customer Question
My CRV has...

My CRV has been recalled over and over regarding the air bag issue. Now my SRS light stays on and they tell me now it is the "I cant remember the verbage, but an OE???" some kind of part for the computer and now my airbags will not deflate due to this "computer based device." I am so frustrated as my Honda boyfriend died 7 yrs ago and he dismantled motors of wrecked Hondas and he knew it all. I feel like it is one thing after another with this safety restraint issue. Should Honda replace this part due to the recall or what?

Mechanic's Assistant: Is anything interfering with the seatbelt latch?

Tell me how I would look?

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your CR-V?

The light has been on for years and Honda is always telling me a different thing regarding the SRS light. My last trip to Bellevue Honda it was with computer safety belt issue, same with my 1997 Civic. the CRV is 2002 with 118,000 miles.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your CR-V yourself? What have you tried so far?

I am not fixing it myself, but I am frustrated that I keep getting different stories about the SRS light and the recall on the air bags.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No, but thank you for your help. It is frustrating and I have a mechanic who reads the codes and he is stumped by this as well.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Honda
3/20/2018
Mechanic for Honda: Kavey, Shop Owner replied 3 months ago
Kavey
Kavey, Shop Owner

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today.

Sorry for the frustrations with this issue so far. Hopefully I can better help you.

You mention having a mechanic that can pull the codes. Is it possible to share what codes he has retrieved from the system so I can try to get an idea of whats going on and give you more information on it?

It may take a day or two, but I will get back with you. I will get the exact name of the “computer part” they say needs replaced as well.....it’s in the CRV at home. Thanks and have a great day!

Yeah that would be great. I just want to be sure to be giving you the most accurate information possible so you dont feel like you are getting the run around here too. If you can provide me with all of that I can either tell you what you need and your options or if further testing is needed and your mechanic is stumped I can give them further testing instructions to get them over the hump.

I will be standing by. Please just reply to this same question with that information when you got it handy. There will be no further charge to continue.

Also please be sure to rate my service when possible so I get credit for helping you. It wont close out the question.. the question will remain open for follow ups as long as needed to resolve your issue for no additional charge. Thanks