Honda

Have Honda questions? Ask a Honda repair expert.

My 2008 cx-7 is no crank no start. Just replaced starter and…

Customer Question
My 2008 cx-7 is...

My 2008 cx-7 is no crank no start. Just replaced starter and battery

Mechanic's Assistant: When you turn the key, do you get a single loud click, or a series of rapid ones?

Just one. Sounds as if its just coming from relay though

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your CX-7 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I have replaced the starter and battery and inspected the starter relay

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Honda
3/19/2018
Mechanic for Honda: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 3 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

Ok do you have test light or multimeter? we will need one of these to do some system tests next

ok with someone starting check both starter wires for power and let me know how much voltage you get

Mechanic for Honda: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 months ago

hows it going

HondaPlatinum
HondaPlatinum
HondaPlatinum, A Technician