Honda

Have Honda questions? Ask a Honda repair expert.

I have Honda odessy 2007. My oil change was due I got a code…

Customer Question
Hi Steve, I have Honda...
Hi Steve, I have Honda odessy 2007. My oil change was due I got a code B13 15% I was out of town driving thought will reach home and get it done. It reached to 0% and later in minus for 10 miles and finally vehicle has stopped. What are your recommendations?
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Honda
3/18/2018
Mechanic for Honda: Kevin, Auto Mechanic replied 4 months ago
Kevin
Kevin, Auto Mechanic

​hi im kevin are you saying car no longer runs?

Hi Kevin, it’s not getting start.

Ok whats happening when attempting to start.the service warning will not cause this

I drove and it went to 0% and later it was in -1 for every mile, finally vehicle stopped -19. Now when I try it does make some sound but doesn’t start engine

This warning is only a reminder and will ot prevent start .is the engine attempting to run ?

It is, but it is not starting it. I did google to understand B13. I guess 3 is for engine fluid oil. What else it could be?
1 is for normal oil change and filter, tyre rotation etc

Its likely a coincidence .the warning you have meand the car is due oil and filter and brake check .plus rotation of tyres and auto fluid change

Now I have engine light as well. How do I solve this

You will need to get vehicle plugged into a diagnostic tool .the engine light will be the cause of the non start .its possible you have another issue

I went to orielly they connected the device and found something which they were not sure. They told me coil, is it too critical B13, how much I am looking cost wise

The b13 warning is unrelated its like setting an alarm it isnt an indication of fault .the ignition coil will cause a non start as you will have no spark ,for coil replacement your looking at around $2-300

Do you mean $200 to $ 300 ? Is coil damaged due to driving or speed of 75mph or driving on Hills?

Yes thats what i mean .ignition coil supplies the high currect spark to ignite the fuel inside engine .it fires many times per second and is a highly streessed part.they are a common failure on all engines nothing you can do to prevent

Mine is 6 cylinder so how many coils I am looking ? Can you tell me the technical name so I will be precise with technicians? Is it ok if I talk to you tomorrow when technician arrives

Ok my info shows at the age of your vehicle the v6 engine has 6 ignition coils they are around $25 each they are called ignition coils

Thank you so much Kevin, can I contact you tomorrow if needed

Of course come back to this conversation .please also remember to rate my service

I will surely rate you the best. Thank you brother. Are you alway available or is there a specific time? I am expecting mechanic on Monday 6:30ET

Im in the uk so there is a time difference but as soon as i see response il get straight back to you

Hi Kevin, mechanic checked my van. He found that one of ignition void was burned and stuck in cylinder. He is trying to take out burned coil. Do we need to hand that cylinder as well ? Any suggestions
Mechanic for Honda: Kevin, Auto Mechanic replied 3 months ago
Once coil is removed and spark plug also you should be good

Please remember to rate my service

Hi Kevin, mechanic thinks we might need to replace the engine? What is your opinion
what exactly has ocurred ?
One of the front coil is completely burned along with spark plug. Can we just not replace the spark plus and coil and run it?
Not sure why you would need a new engine if coil has just burnt and plug is intact with no internal engine damage it should just be a case of removing plug and coil and replacing . Unless it has blown plug out and damaged the thread in the cylinder head
Hi Kevin, my van is still not working. We did replace ignition coil and spark plug. Initially when van stopped we did reset the computer generated code, thought it did stop due to B13 warning and below 0%. Is there any way we can generate those code again or find out what else could be an issue?
Ok the b13 has nothing to do with this and is not a fault code it’s just a reminder for oil change and will not prevent car running . What exactly did mechanic say is the isssue why the new engine ?
He is unable find anything since the code was reset. Now he thinks cam sensor or timing belt. But these are guesses. Is there any way we can surely find out the issue
you will need to have a compression test carried out . Does he know for sure you have spark now ?
I think so, I will check again regarding spark
Ok if you deffinatly have spark then a compression test is needed to rule out a mechanical issue like a timing belt fault