Honda

Have Honda questions? Ask a Honda repair expert.

JUMPSTARTED 17 CIVIC W CABLES REVERCED NOW STARTS BUT ONLY…

Customer Question
JUMPSTARTED 17 CIVIC W...

JUMPSTARTED 17 CIVIC W CABLES REVERCED NOW STARTS BUT ONLY FOR A SECOND THEN LIGHT SAYS CK CHARGING SYSTEM?

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?

A CODE ON THE CLUSTER SAYS CK CHARGING SYSTEM

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Civic yourself? What have you tried so far?

I CHECKED A FEW FUSES WITH NO LUCK

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

THE BATTERY WAS DEAD BEFORE I JUMPED IT

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Honda
Answered in 1 day by:
3/20/2018
Mechanic for Honda: Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician replied 4 months ago
Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician

Hello and welcome to just answer, my name is ***** ***** master tech of over 40 years experience here to help. I cannot see or hear your vehicle so I rely on your patience and input to my questions so I can help you better.I have read your notes and have a question before we proceed.

Have you checked the FUSE-ABLE-LINKS ? as these are the high ampere larger fuses that usually blow to protect the circuits when this is done.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know. In the process of helping you I will use sources from all different places that I feel fit and to the point that will speed up my help for you. This may include links, videos, shop notes and procedures as well as my own personal experience of over 40 yrs in the trade.

If there is any further help you need just ask and I will be happy to do so.