Honda

Have Honda questions? Ask a Honda repair expert.

05 accord 3L it cranks but no start if i shoot starting

05 accord 3L it...

05 accord 3L it cranks but no start if i shoot starting fluid in intake it fires up then shuts off i put a new fuel pump in it and relay seems fine pump comes on for a few seconds when the key is turned on,i was trying to check for injector pulse with a testlight but light comes on and stays on for a few seconds after the key is off.

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the car in "Park" or "Neutral?" Do you know if your car has a "wheel lock" feature?

It is in park

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Accord yourself? What have you tried so far?

Fuel pump replaced and it cycles like it should with key on,but no fuel to engine ,it will fire on starting fluid.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Was trying to test injector pulse ,removed plenum to get to injector wires and once i did the yellow/black wire has power all the time from when the key is turned on till 5 sec after key is off

3/18/2018
david craig
david craig, Auto Mechanic

Hi my name is ***** ***** I'll be more than happy to assist you. Please allow me a few minutes to review your information. Thank you

you can only check for injector pulse with a noid light. they are available at harbor freight for a very decent price

Ok I will have to go out and get a kit

ok bud, ill be here when youre ready

thank you

you bet

Just got some help and the noid light kit and found no power to injectors. What controls signal to injectors ? Thanks I know it’s late so let me know at your convenience it’s 9 pm here in NY

ok, standby. its not late for me. its also 9:20 here in Pittsburgh but I go at this until midnight

Ok thanks
I had checked all them early on even the relays I have a 05 that’s identical so I switched out all relays and checked every fuse with test light
Is the pcm the computer or some other module and what is the joint connector C101. Looks like a code #. Were is the pcm located and the c101 joint connecter

the pcm is the computer and let me try to find the location of c101

Thanks
That c101 block on my car is behind the engine and near fire wall I seen something that resembled that harness connector I tested that because it looks like the same color wires that go to injectors and they test out the same way as the wires to injectors hot when key is turned on and they stay hot for a few seconds after key is shut off That looks like a spot made for a diagnostic tool to hook up to for injector pulse testing some of those wires on my car are cut and broken but I did not think it would be a problem being that the harness ends right there I will check that again in the morning thanks.

none of the wires should be cut. that's a joint connector which just sends the voltages to the injectors, coils and relay

I will double check in the morning the harness with those wires does not connect to anything it has a cap over it like it may be for a testing devise to plug into it thanks again Dennis

its not supposed to connect to anything its a feedback connector

Well it seems like the problem was right in front of me and I did not realize it I will make repair to all those wires then try. I will let you know how I make out with it. Thanks

ok. thanks and Please note that customer satisfaction is my number one goal and rating this chat session 3 or more stars will be greatly appreciated and will allow any follow up questions you may have. we can chat back and forth many times until your issue is taken care of.
Thank you for rating my assistance and for using Just Answer.

david craig
david craig, Auto Mechanic
Thanks for the help. Dennis

you are very welcome. thank you and please keep me posted