Honda

Have Honda questions? Ask a Honda repair expert.

My 05 Honda Accord has no heat, I change the heat valve on…

Customer Question
My 05 Honda Accord...

My 05 Honda Accord has no heat, I change the heat valve on the firewall, also change the thermostat. Then I flush the heater core out burp the system, and still have no heat.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked to make sure the thermostat is working? What about the coolant level?

How do I check to make sure a new thermostat is working correctly.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Accord yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes, I change the heat valve on the firewall and I put a brand new thermostat in it also.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Honda
3/18/2018
Mechanic for Honda: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 month ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

Have you felt the hoses at operating temperature going into the fire wall? are they both the same temperature?

HondaPlatinum
HondaPlatinum
HondaPlatinum, A Technician