Honda

Have Honda questions? Ask a Honda repair expert.

My mom's 2003 Honda Accord Accelerated on it own right after…

Customer Question
My mom's 2003 Honda Accord...
My mom's 2003 Honda Accord Accelerated on it own right after she started the card and was about to back out of the garage. She never put her foot on the gas and was unable to stop the car. She stopped because the car hit a fire hydrant across the street.
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Honda
3/17/2018
Mechanic for Honda: david craig, Auto Mechanic replied 1 month ago
david craig
david craig, Auto Mechanic

Hi my name is ***** ***** I'll be more than happy to assist you. Please allow me a few minutes to review your information. Thank you

I'm sorry to hear about that. I hope mom is ok. do you have a 4 or 6 cylinder

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
4 cylinder

check the throttle cable linkage at the throttle body and make sure it is not stuck

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
how much should that cost to have the dealer to fix?

it depends on if the linkage is stuck or not. I cant be there to see it.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
someone had mentioned something about disconnecting the cruise control throttle
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
i meant about how much if it WAS the linkage cable

yes, there are 2 cables that attach to the linkage. one for the cruise control and one for the accelerator pedal

you should be able to look at the linkage and move it up and down yourself without having to take it to a shop

4 or 6 cylinder?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
4 cylinder. I wouldn't know where to look or what to do if it was Stuck

ok well, then I guess you'll need to take it to a shop. I cant tell you the price because all shops charge differently. good luck

hows it going?

HondaPlatinum
HondaPlatinum
HondaPlatinum, A Technician