Honda

Have Honda questions? Ask a Honda repair expert.

3/17/2018
Mechanic for Honda: Don - Mo Lurch, Auto Service Technician replied 1 month ago
Don - Mo Lurch
Don - Mo Lurch, Auto Service Technician

sorry for the delay..........
Yes, that "looks" like a Factory Relay.......
Where did you find it? (location)
What component does it power?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I'm not sure
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Santech Relay - Radiator Cooling Fan Motor
I think

Where did you find it? (location)

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Auto zone

Auto zone
???
.

sorry........lets start again.......
You asked ;

Does this go.to my car if it does where is it so I can replace it
.
I thought you had removed it from the car.........
Why did you get it from from AutoZone?
What does the Relay power?
What does NOT work on the vehicle ?

.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
My car wAnts to overheat a d I'm sick and tired of sweating while I drive
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I want to replace my battery what kind do I buy that will push the car power I need

1991 typically used a "550 CCA" Battery
I would not go more than 750 CCA Battery, as the Alternator may not be sufficient to completely charge

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I want to replace all my relays under my hood....cam u help me . I need help which ones to buy or what there called

Not sure why you want to do that, but the Lid should show what Relay does what & most Auto Parts Stores should be able to match them up if you take the Relay in.
.
Here is Honda Relay Box, that shows what Relay does what
Click Attachment Below

Yes.........that oil SAE 5W30 will be good

4.0 Qts. with filter

Did you have any other questions?
I see you have viewed my reply but have not selected a rating.

Rating does not incur any additional costs, it simply allows me to be compensated for my time here.
It also does not close the question, you can follow up at any time.
Thank you.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Okay so I've been having this problem since I bought the car and I've been trying to figure it out to solve it my car wants to overheat but when I keep the heater on it keeps it at the right temperature now it overheats fast like when I'm at a red light and now I could see that my antifreeze is leaking from somewhere or I don't know but I see antifreeze liquid
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
What do I do if I see antifreeze spilling out from somewhere and make my car stop from overheating I really need to fix this problem because I work as a flagger around town and in town and out of town I really don't want to be driving like this no more I don't know what else to do will you please help me or have any suggestions that might stop my car from overheating I will buy anyting I need for it to make it stop overheating please get back at me ASAP thank you

Best thing to do is have a "reputable" Radiator Shop do a Pressure & Gas Test to see if :
a) there is a Internal Pressure Leak inside the engine, causing "back pressure" into the Coolant
b) the water pump is bad

c) the Thermostat is bad
d) collapsed hose
e) clogged cooling system

Typically "over heating" is caused from Thermostat not opening, Water Pump not circulating, Head Gasket leak, clogged Radiator, etc.
It would be less expensive to have a "reputable" Radiator Shop Test the System, and help pin point, then to keep replacing Parts

.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Dude what does it mean if muffler exhaust shot all kinds of white smoke out while I was driving on highway I pulled over quick

sorry for the delay....doctor visit........

Sounds like Head Gasket or crack, especially IF you are losing Coolant
IF it still runs, you need to have the engine Pressure Tested to confirm

Mechanic for Honda: Don - Mo Lurch, Auto Service Technician replied 28 days ago

Did you have any other questions?
You agreed to Rate the answer when you signed up
Thank you.
.........................

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
Okay I am wanting to replace my whole engine in my Honda 1991 Accord what would I pick in this section I'll send you a picture
Mechanic for Honda: Don - Mo Lurch, Auto Service Technician replied 25 days ago

IF your 1991 Honda Accord is original, you gave a L4-2156cc 2.2L SOHC "Gas Engine".............

That is a "2.0" "DOHC"
I would not recommend this, as Motor Mounts, Computer & Wiring Harness would have to be changed & then I am not sure if it would bolt up to your Transmission
You need to stick to 1991 Honda Accord 2156cc 2.2 "SOHC" for ease of installation & no problems

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
Ok so where should I look for one for good price

On-Line
Local Salvage Yard that has "Nationwide Search"
Local Engine Rebuilder
E-Bay:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Engine-2-2L-VIN-9-6th-Digit-Dx-Fits-90-93-ACCORD-21984/253511312099?fits=Year%3A1991%7CMake%3AHonda%7CModel%3AAccord&hash=item3b0673a2e3:g:YesAAOSwysRaszXE&vxp=mtr

.

Be sure you have the Vehicle V.I.N. available so who ever you buy from will know what Engine you have

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
Okay so I blew my head gasket is this is this what I should buy would it be worth buying

I am not saying to purchase anything......
Just showing where you can get a Engine, like you asked........
IF you are sure you blew a Head Gasket & did NOT Crack the Head or Block, perhaps the least expensive would be to have someone "reputable" replace the Head Gasket.
IF you have over 150,000 miles on the Engine you have now, sometimes it is better to install Rebuilt or low mileage engine
This is a personal decision "you" have to make
I can only suggest, since I am not able to touch or see your vehicle

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
What is this part called on my car aleora 2001
Customer reply replied 25 days ago
Nvm that last question
Customer reply replied 25 days ago
But dude I need a answer a legit
Customer reply replied 25 days ago
I blew my head gasket n tired of wasting money on bullshit or wasting
Customer reply replied 25 days ago
What should I do bout my car.....I blew the head gasket
Mechanic for Honda: Don - Mo Lurch, Auto Service Technician replied 24 days ago

.

IF you are tired of "wasting money", you probably would be better off, buying another vehicle, as this is a "1991" & will not be worth that much, even if you put in another engine

Customer reply replied 13 days ago
Dude I lost my phone dude
Customer reply replied 13 days ago
Im goin to go out and buy a amp bit I want one that's going to push my 12 inch sub 1200 peak Wat's RMS 350 watta
Customer reply replied 13 days ago
For my 1991 Honda accord I want it to be jus right so what do I look for on amp when looking for one?
Customer reply replied 13 days ago
U think junking my Honda 91 accord and getting an older 2000 would b good. Idea or would I be in the same spot
Don - Mo Lurch
Don - Mo Lurch
Don - Mo Lurch, Auto Service Technician