Honda

Have Honda questions? Ask a Honda repair expert.

I have a 2002 Honda CR-V and it skips when the RPMs get over…

I have a 2002...

I have a 2002 Honda CR-V and it skips when the RPMs get over 2500 RPMs and some times it will not crank. It has a P1259 code in it.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuel supply? And are all the spark plugs working?

It acts like they are not firing all the time. When it does crank it runs good until the check engine light comes on and then it starts missing

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your CR-V yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes I am working on it myself I have changed the plugs and the air filter and checked and cleaned the mass air sensor

3/18/2018
Chris (aka-Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• THE TIME I AM ONLINE, 7 days a week normally online around midday and then late evening until early morning.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website normally after my first reply. I complete calls where I feel it is a benefit.
  • UPLOADED LINKS I SEND, if I upload dropbox links, they will open on a home PC, often they fail on a work PC, on a phone use the box on the top right of your phone screen for direct download.

Sorry, no one has helped yet and you have waited so long. Not what we want. I am willing to help if help is still wanted.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I still need help. It's my daughter car and need to repair it asap

The most common causes for this code are:

• Variable Valve Timing & Valve Lift Electronic Control (VTEC) Oil Pressure Switch
  • Variable Valve Timing & Valve Lift Electronic Control (VTEC) Solenoid
  • Engine Oil incorrect viscosity or needing to be flushed to remove sludge
  • Engine Oil and Engine Oil Filter Incorrect or dirty or clogged
  • Oil Control Valve Filter Screen

Here are the tests you need to perform. https://www.dropbox.com/s/ielbfv68qn201ap/1259.png?dl=0

You now will see a rating scale 1=bad to-5=excellent because I have posted a full or partial answer instead of an info request. When you rate I get a portion of the deposit you made, no rating means you still paid, but I earn nothing. My goal is understanding your question, and addressing it in full detail. In return, receiving a 5-star rating. Rating does not close the post or stop the conversation. Please keep in contact and reply as much as needed. Thanks, Chris

Chris (aka-Moose), Technician

Hello, Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my response. If any part of my response is unclear, please let me know. It’s my goal to deliver excellent service, so if I've done that, please don't forget to give me a 5-star rating.You can still reply. I want to make sure you were pleased with what you paid for.

Thanks Chris

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Still working on it. Been raining and I am working on it outside.

Thanks for the update.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Chris, What is the solenoid in the passenger side of the head with a straight stem on it about 4 inches long
Chris (aka-Moose), Technician