Honda

Have Honda questions? Ask a Honda repair expert.

I checked under my hood of my 2004 honda civic hybrid and it…

Customer Question
I checked under my...

I checked under my hood of my 2004 honda civic hybrid and it looks as if there is a missing fuse, I was wondering if it’s suppose to be like that or if it needs to be replaced?

Mechanic's Assistant: Most vehicles have two fuse panels. Have you located both?

No, I only located the one under the hood

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Civic Hybrid yourself? What have you tried so far?

I haven’t tried anything with the fuse box, i just opened it and noticed there was one empty spot

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

The reason I was looking at the fuse box was because my car will not shift out of park

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Honda
3/17/2018
Mechanic for Honda: Carguy1, certified tech replied 3 months ago
Carguy1
Carguy1, certified tech

My name is ***** ***** give me a moment to review your question Thanks.The site will prompt a call.I will let you know if it's necessary

Ok, thank you

First, let me say itn's not unusual to be missing a fuse or two from the fuse box. These boxes can be used in several of the models with different things, like a sunroof, for example, if you don't have that option, then there wouldn't be a fuse in that particular slot.

That being said, since it won't shift out of park, check fuse #7 in that fuse box under the hood. Make sure its not blown. This also works the brake lights, if it's blown the car will be locked in park.

Check it out and let me know.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to help.

Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and resources, you do when you rate my answer by using the stars at the top of the page. Payment for your question includes any follow-up questions you may have. Free trials and subscription questions still require ratings. Your question does not close after you rate. You will still be able to contact me by replying to this post.

Thank you so much!

I tested fuse #7 and it seems to be working

Do your brake lights work?

The left side works but the right side is out

That's ok, that does mean the fuse is good.

Can you also check fuse #10 in the fuse box inside the car for me?
If it's good, we are going to need a test light to check the rest of the system.

Is there a manual override you are using right now to get it out of park?