Honda

Have Honda questions? Ask a Honda repair expert.

My car is a scion xB 2006 and it needs a fuel pump

My car is a...

My car is a scion xB 2006 and it needs a fuel pump replacement and i called O'rileyS and they recommended the import direct E16012 and i was just wondering it it's going to be a fit for my ca

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you ever replaced the fuel pump, or is this the original?

I recently bought the car and the mechanic said from the looks of things that it has been replaced before

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your xB yourself? What have you tried so far?

No it's at a shop i haven't tried anything just wondering if it would be a good fit for my car because i really want to use my car again

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Yes the oil lining has a clamp,one of the sides of the clamp is broken and replacing the fuel pump may cause leakage meaning i need to replace the lining as well but i was told by the mechanic if placed carefully it should not be a problem

3/17/2018
George H.
George H., ASE Certified Technician

Hello I will help,

No, that part will not fit your Scion. You want the E16030 for this vehicle. You must test the old pump before you replace it. The shop should do that. You also need to replace the fuel strainer when the pump is replaced.

Please complete the rating if you have no further questions

Thanks

George H.
George H., ASE Certified Technician