Honda

Have Honda questions? Ask a Honda repair expert.

2008 Honda crv won`t start and the powerlock remote is not…

Customer Question
2008 Honda crv won`t...

2008 Honda crv won`t start and the powerlock remote is not working also , power to the fan at the radiator , power to the dash instruments but no power to the starter also ,we tried boosting nothing

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the power loss consistent, or does it fluctuate?

Power loss is consistent , nothing to the starter seems like

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your CR-V yourself? What have you tried so far?

Checked the fuses , for ignition under hood seem fine the big amp ones ,checked the 7.5 ign under the dash that was okay too

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

When I turn the key on the D3 light seems to be coming on lately more than before I noticed ..and I can`t lock my vehicule with the ignition key etheir

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Honda
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
3/17/2018
Mechanic for Honda: david craig, Auto Mechanic replied 5 months ago
david craig
david craig, Auto Mechanic

Hi my name is ***** ***** I'll be more than happy to assist you. Please allow me a few minutes to review your information. Thank you

remove the starter cut relay from the fuse panel under the dash. the prongs should be numbered 1,2,3,4 check for 12 volts in the slot where prong 2 would go while holding the key to the start position.

I have to unplug some type of wiring harness underneath and then how do I solve the problem

Im asking you to remove a relay and check for voltage with a voltmeter while you hold the key to the start position. then let me know if you get 12 volts in slot 2 of the relay base.

I have an appointment to go to at6:00 pm my ride is hear to pick me up l will have to get back to you later Gordon .

ok