Honda

Have Honda questions? Ask a Honda repair expert.

Similar issue as the one I'm reading.. 2001 Accord Coupe -

Customer Question
Hi.. similar issue as...
Hi.. similar issue as the one I'm reading.. 2001 Accord Coupe - V6, no sunroof. the alarm would sometimes go off when opening the door (with the factory key / remote in hand) - very random and would stop just as randomly.. key in ignition would work sometimes other times not - red kill button to left of steering column did nothing etc. so.. my dad took it to the Honda dealer and had them disable it. Now I'm driving the car and want a working alarm and remote...
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Honda
3/17/2018
Mechanic for Honda: Chris (aka-Moose), Technician replied 4 months ago
Chris (aka-Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• THE TIME I AM ONLINE, 7 days a week normally online around midday and then late evening until early morning.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website normally after my first reply. I complete calls where I feel it is a benefit.
  • UPLOADED LINKS I SEND, if I upload dropbox links, they will open on a home PC, often they fail on a work PC, on a phone use the box on the top right of your phone screen for direct download.

The issue you are having is with the aftermarket alarm system. That little red button is not OEM. Is the option available to just remove that system and buy Honda key fobs and program them to the car so you have remotes and it is back to stock OEM?

You now will see a rating scale 1=bad to-5=excellent because I have posted a full or partial answer instead of an info request. When you rate I get a portion of the deposit you made, no rating means you still paid, but I earn nothing. My goal is understanding your question, and addressing it in full detail. In return, receiving a 5-star rating. Rating does not close the post or stop the conversation. Please keep in contact and reply as much as needed. Thanks, Chris

The key fobs are original Honda (OEM) as are the keys and have always worked / were working re locking/unlocking and opening the trunk even at the time they haf it disabled...
Just not enableing/ or disabling the alarm

Have you had the Honda fobs programmed to the vehicle using a Honda scan tool?

Is the $26 for a call in addition to the $28?
The meaning reprogrammed ? As I said the fobs were working fine re locking/unlocking etc

A call is a different service and is extra.

What did the Honda dealer disable?

Did the dealer remove the red button, that module and wiring?

Mechanic for Honda: Chris (aka-Moose), Technician replied 3 months ago

Hello, Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my response. If any part of my response is unclear, please let me know. It’s my goal to deliver excellent service, so if I've done that, please don't forget to give me a 5-star rating.You can still reply. I want to make sure you were pleased with what you paid for.

Thanks Chris