Honda

Have Honda questions? Ask a Honda repair expert.

I have a 1993 Honda Accord, I just changed the main relay…

I have a 1993 Honda...
I have a 1993 Honda Accord, I just changed the main relay due to it shutting off immediately after starting and that didn’t fix the problem. I also tried the ignition switch while the car was running and it still died. What should I do next?
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/16/2018
Roy
Roy, Import/Domestic Specialist

hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be glad to assist you. please allow me a couple of minutes to gather some basic info.

Roy

Ok

ok the most common issue is the distributor itself. it contains 3 sensors inside that fail.

the best resolution is to replace the distributor assembly itself. very common failure. we used to stock them as they were so common for failing for this exact issue.

Roy

Ok i will try that thank you!

your welcome

Please take a moment and rate my service 3 stars or better. that is the only way the site will pay me for my efforts.

Roy

Roy
Roy, Import/Domestic Specialist

thank you

Replaced the distributor, same problem