Honda

Have Honda questions? Ask a Honda repair expert.

I need the bypass code for my 2000 honda civic the VIN is…

Customer Question
I need the bypass...

I need the bypass code for my 2000 honda civic the VIN is 1HGES25791L027488

Mechanic's Assistant: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to go over that information regarding your Honda Civic. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?

No that is all I'm a certified Mechanic and need to move the vehicle temporarily till I get new ignition

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Honda
3/16/2018
Mechanic for Honda: eric remington,
 replied 3 months ago
eric remington

t​ake the title and your id showing you are owner or get real owner to do it and go to dealer and they will give the owner the code and only the owner

Mechanic for Honda: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 3 months ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

I see that your question has been up for an extended time without a response and while although I'm unable to help in the capacity you were hoping I wanted to post to let you know why.

Manufacturers' corporate policies require that proof of vehicle ownership is verified in person to release a security system code, and they aren't to be posted in public venues such as this. JustAnswer is not an authorized source to obtain these codes and posting of them here has been prohibited by JustAnswer in addition to manufacturers.

What I would recommend is seeing your dealer with the VIN and proof of ownership and as long as their internal policy allows they'll be able to give you the code, which should be free.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.