Honda

Have Honda questions? Ask a Honda repair expert.

I have my 2008 Honda accord back in for repairs, third time…

Customer Question
I have my 2008...

I have my 2008 Honda accord back in for repairs, third time for engine warning light. First it was the oil pressure sensor and now appears to be a engine issue with oil not being supplied to the engine valves properly resulting in bad performance. Can you explain that?

Mechanic's Assistant: How old is your oil pump? Has the check engine light come on?

I certain it's never been replaced before. Off and on for five six hundred miles

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Accord yourself? What have you tried so far?

No it's in the shop and they replaced a oil pressure sensor/ switch?

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That's all I know so far

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Honda
3/14/2018
Mechanic for Honda: Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems replied 4 months ago
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Hey how are you ,I will Try to Help you with This Issue

what is mileage on it ?

if we have a restricted or low flow to top of engine , it will be oil pump, oil screen, oil pan sludge ,preventing correct oil pressure to lifter in the head ?

is the check engine light flashing or steady on ?

do you change oil regularly ?

was oil pressure, oil pan, oil screen checked for restriction

If you do not mind me asking are you looking for the most possible causes and taking it to a repair shop or you are repairing it yourself and you need step by step instructions
Please Let Me Know
Thank You
Chad Farhat

2.4 4cyl or 3.5 v6 ?

just a question about what the service advisor said about the problem is what delivers the oil internally besides the oil pump?
The engine has 154000 and the engine once on stays on.
I maintain the car to the specs always.

ok, i see

what engine so i can tell you ,

is There an engine whine between 2,000 - 3,500 rpm ?

or lifters noise , like tapping noise from top of engine ?

did the service advisor told you oil pump needs replaced ,on v6 3.5 engine , there a tsb bulletin on this issue ?

2008 Honda accord LX-P 2.4 L
I nothing from the engine as far as noise.

Well actually for this year both engine has that same TSB bulletin and oil pump will need replaced , especially if you maintain it correctly ,so i do not suspect like head assembly damaged or anything else that causes LOW FLOW

CLICK ON LINK TO VIEW THE TSB BULLETIN ,ON THUS ISSUE

LET ME KNOW IF YOU CAN OPEN AND VIEW THE FILE

Is anybody working on this?

sorry this here not exactly texting , so my reply depends on internet traffic and speed ,especially if have to upload a file for you

but i m still with you .

you still with me