Honda

Have Honda questions? Ask a Honda repair expert.

We have a periotic sound coming from middle dashboard. It…

Customer Question
We have a periotic...

We have a periotic sound coming from middle dashboard. It starts high pitch then then sound goes down in pitch until it sounds like a cd stopping. No cd / DVD in drives. this is periotic, the above sound goes for about 5 - 10 sec. stops. then it may start again or may wait 1 min and repeats or it repeat over and over. Also this sound sometimes keeps going after car is turned off. this is on Honda 2013 CRV .

Mechanic's Assistant: Will the headlights turn on? Is the battery fully charged?

Everything works fine, noting seems to effect sound. turning... turning on radio, air, wipers , lights...etc acceleration or stopping now effect noise. cannot make it happen or cannot stop if starts

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '10 Honda?

CRV

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your CR-V yourself? What have you tried so far?

Took to dealer after if first started and it stopped when I pulled up the shop. then they did hear it once but did not know what it was and said since it was periotic they could not ID....

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That is all I know

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Honda
Answered in 2 days by:
3/16/2018
Mechanic for Honda: eric remington,
 replied 5 months ago
eric remington

there are possibilities more than one

Mechanic for Honda: eric remington,
 replied 5 months ago

would you like for me to help you disassemble necessary dash/glove box components or would you like a list of what the possibilities might be? I also will access my online website repair manual for technical service bulletins recalls etc associated with noise